Hacker Views is a social platform for developers, inspired by Hacker News, designed to give more data to users about their posts.
Things will be changing quite a bit. The current version is just a rough prototype. If any sort of community forms, I will set up a Slack and potentially an Email list. For general inspiration on running a community, see Open Source Guides.
- Install Crystal
- Pull the repository
- Run 'shards install' in the projects root directory
- Create '.env' in root project directory (see .env.example)
- Create MySQL Database according to values in '.env'
- Run './src/micrate up' in root project directory to run migrations
- Run 'crystal run src/hackerviews.cr' in root project directory
- Visit 'http://localhost:3000/' in your web browser to make sure things are working!
(better instructions coming soon...)
- Get the application running (See Installation)
- If you find bugs, first create an issue.
- If you'd like to close tickets or implement your own ideas, see Contributing
- Fork it (https://github.com/jessehorne/hackerviews/fork)
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- jessehorne JesseH - creator, maintainer